All property photos
Culinary delights abound in the charming neighborhood of this this classic vintage 1909 North Berkeley Craftsman! Sited on a corner lot, the inviting porch entryway leads to beautiful living room, family room and dining room. Coved ceilings and large picture windows create sun-filled spaces with an abundance of charm and light for great flow and entertaining. Gleaming hardwood floors, original built-ins and a fireplace create warmth and echoes of an era gone by. The eat-in kitchen has loads of storage space, charming original tilework and opens to a back deck on one side, an enclosed patio on the other.
Walk upstairs via a dramatic wood-paneled central staircase to three spacious bedrooms and a hall bathroom with loads of character. An additional “plus” sunroom that spans the entire length of the house and is surrounded by windows could be used as a family room, office or split into several additional living spaces. Opportunity galore! Plenty of off-street parking in carport and driveway, plus a large unfinished basement for storage and workshop. All set in midst of a wrap-around garden in the most desirable North Berkeley neighborhood close to shops, restaurants, the Berkeley pathways and the great outdoors. A rare opportunity to own a piece of Berkeley history!
- 3++ light-filled bedrooms/1.5 baths
- Spacious “plus” sunroom spanning with wrap-around windows
- Generous public rooms including cozy den with fireplace
- Kitchen with separate exterior entrance and fenced outside sitting area
- Laundry room
- Large unfinished basement with workshop space – nearly full height
- 2-car carport and plenty of off-street parking
- Wrap-around fenced yard and patio area for planting and play
- Fabulous central Berkeley Gourmet Ghetto location close to shops, restaurants and transportation